History of Hamburger Containerboard
The Hamburger Containerboard has its origins in 1853, when its founder Wilhelm Hamburger set up a rag paper production facility in Pitten. The companies that belong to the group are now among the leading manufacturers of high-quality corrugated case materials in Europe.
They produce over three million tons of paper every year, which is made exclusively from waste paper. At 10 locations in 5 countries, Hamburger Containerboard produces brown and white uncoated papers, white coated papers and plasterboard liner.
|2020||Start-up of PM2 at the Spremberg site (Germany)|
|2014||Acquisition of the Fritz Peters paper mill in Gelsenkirchen (Germany)|
|2013||Acquisition of the Dentas Groups (Turkey) and integration of the paper mills into the Hamburger Containerboard organization|
|2009||Start-up of PM7 at the Dunaujvaros site (Hungary)|
|2006||Organizational split of the existing production sites into the business units Hamburger Recycling Group, Hamburger Containerboard (with W. Hamburger GmbH as lead company) and Dunapack Packaging under the umbrella of Prinzhorn Holding GmbH|
|2005||Start-up of the newly built paper mill in Spremberg (Germany)|
|1995||Complete takeover of Dunapack RT|
|1990||Participation in the Hungarian Dunapack RT, which produces mainly paper and corrugated cardboard at its sites in Csepel, Nyiregyhaza and Dunaujvaros (Hungary). Shareholdings: 40% Mosburger GmbH and W. Hamburger GmbH, 60% State of Hungary|
|1989||Acquisition of Johann Rieger's paper and board mill in Trostberg (Germany)|
|1959||Acquisition of the Mosburger packaging factory in Vienna (Austria)|
|1853||Foundation of a rag production plant by Wilhelm Hamburger in Pitten (Austria) under the name W. Hamburger GmbH, where the roots of the Hamburger Containerboard Division lie|