Hamburger Containerboard Trostberg is part of the international Prinzhorn Group and is located deep in the heart of the Chiemgau region. Paper has been produced at the site since 1912. Trostberg: Where tradition meets innovation.
Your contact persons at location Trostberg
The origins of Hamburger Rieger started in Pitten, Austria, in 1853. Wilhelm Hamburger founded the factory there. Almost 60 years later, in 1912, Johann Rieger started producing mill board and cardboard in Trostberg. The development of white testliner paper continued to advance over the decades and with the takeover by the Austrian W. Hamburger AG in 1989.
We have an obligation to continue the entrepreneurial vision of the two founding fathers and their successors and develop our company in a sustainable manner for the future. We place emphasis on “tradition” (our experience and system of shared values), as well as on “modernity” (strength through innovation, new products and processes, and modern machinery and equipment). We are shaped by this symbiosis and our fascination for paper. We embrace the declared corporate goal of 4 million tonnes of paper by 2030.
Paper machine 2 is a 4-layer fourdrinier machine, which was installed in 1992.
- working width 2.53 m
- Operation speed 1,000 m/min
- weight 125 – 200 g/m2
- daily production 400 t
- 4 long sieves, dilution water control in the filler
- Press section designed for smooth surfaces
- Yankee cylinder with German press
- 2 calenders (hard nip/soft nip)
- In-line coating system with four coating units
- QLS/PLS online colour measurement
- Web inspection system
- Slitter with dust extraction
- Automatic roll packaging system